Sunday, August 21, 2011

writing

it's odd, but a few centuries ago (Not very long in the grand scheme of things) It was very, very hard to get anything you wrote in print and read by people. Today, I can write this blog post and someone across the world could read it, if they wanted to.
I have decided it is best to take advantage of this and make a book for the kindle (Which there is no age limit for. You can be as young as you want and it will still be published). It's going to be fiction, because if I tried writing a whole book about theology or something like that, I would end up with at least 50% filler.
FIller is an odd thing. In speaking it's words like "Uuuh" and "Yeah" and other random grunts. In cooking it's random stuff that you don't want to know where it came from. And in writing it is a sentence, paragraph, or even entire chapter of pointlessness. The thing that all three fillers have in common is they are useless and are used to take up time and space.
If I had to something about what I thought about a certain (Theological) aspect, it would be relatively easy, depending on the subject. But if I had to write a whole book, forget about it. I just can't generate enough thought.
 That's what's great about fiction, none of it has to be real. Sure, a bit of fact here and there is expected, even required, but you can make up anything you want from your own head and make it reality in your story, although I should try to keep it from being too far-fetched, probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment