Friday, June 10, 2011

2nd amendment

I have recently heard about Sarah Palin messing up on her American history, saying that Paul Revere went around town firing shots into the air and warning that the british were going to take away their gun rights.  I would like to point out that their was no second amendment back then, so there wasn't any real reason why the British shouldn't shut down the American rebellion, and taking away their guns would be the smartest thing to do.
I find that one of the great mistakes of American history is making a big deal about how we can say what we want, publish anything we want, and practice any religion we want within reason, then screwing the whole thing up by saying we can also keep guns under our pillows the the next amendment.
Of course, there is reason to have protection of gun rights if the guns in question are used for hunting. You may say hunting is cruel to the animals being shot, but it's a lot less cruel than genetically modifying them so they have breasts so big they can't walk (As KFC does). A swift bullet seems a lot more humane than a life immobility. But the fact stands that you can buy a riffle with only a short background check. If I had it my way the only guns allowed should be low powered, and any person above 18 can only have 1 gun at a time. As well as that, guns should not be allowed as self defense. If I had a gun in my hands every time I got angry, I'm sorry but sooner or later I'd get so mad I would be tempted to pull the trigger. And I doubt anyone reading my blog can claim to be any better.
I heard a ad over the radio one day, and it went something like this "(Gunshot) Come over and try our wide selection of guns at (I can't remember the name) (Gunshot). Protect you and your loved ones! (Gunshot) Don't let intruders endanger your family any more, so come over to-"
I am appalled, because it seems to be implying that you would potentially wound or kill an intruder. If it were up to me, I would let however breaks into my house take my valuables and not live with the guilt of cutting a humans life cruelly short for the rest of my own life. Which is more valuable, possessions or human life?
  

No comments:

Post a Comment