Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Finals season

Right off the bat, if you have read my intro, it states nothing about what this blog is really about. I had no idea what this blog would be about when I started.
WHen I went in to get a haircut today the barber asked me what I was thinking about. I told him that I was thinking about finals.
Only later did I realize that he was asking about what haircut I wanted.
Speaking of finals, on a few tests before this I prayed to god to help me through it. I seriously doubted that I would do any better. However, I did do well on those tests. So did god help me?
My answer is no. And I'll tell you why. I read in an Andrew Clemans book once that there once was a test that was supposed to show which students would progress noteably in the following year. And those students did make suprising progress, the only thing was, the students were randomly picked. But they were expected to do better, so they did.
I think that when I took the tests, god wasn't guiding my hand twords the right answer, but I expected I would do well based on some insane hope that god would help me. And so I accidently helped myself.  

No comments:

Post a Comment