Monday, July 18, 2011

Music

My brother and father are planning on going to a fleet foxes concert, which frankly annoys me. Not that there is anything wrong in general with their music, but I have always felt like listening to it was like listening to a church choir, which, despite my religious beliefs, I have always had a dislike for. So the fact that you would pay to listen to that is, in my opinion, weird. I'm glad I'm not going.
Pretty much I just like bands that are or sound similar to U2. 
I have wondered a lot, what if everybody had different tastes, but everybody perceived it differently. For example, let's say everybody's favorite color is green, but their eye perceive it different, so to them, green things look blue, for example. Everyone calls the sky blue, so, even though they think the sky is green, they call it blue because they think that is what the word for green is. So they say their favorite color is blue. It could work the same way with taste in food, music, and art. 
Obviously, if I spend my time thinking about this I have too much free time on my hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment