Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Villians

It is odd, but I can not think of many stories at all that do not have some kind of villains. Seriously, there are hundreds of embodiments of evil in movies, TV shows, and books. Most are murderers. Most are self-serving, and almost all are killed in the end.
I don't know why, but I find it annoying that stories are thought of as original when they have an antagonist that act exactly like this. Of course, if I ever write a novel, the antagonist will almost definently fit this stereotype. Still, it makes me wonder how generation after generation (Because this idea of the villain is not by any means new) get by after having stories broadcasted this way. I guess at least a good amount of people know enough to separate fact from fiction.  

No comments:

Post a Comment