Saturday, April 16, 2011

Fighting

I recently had a friend over and we had a Nerf war. I am a pacifist and don't like war of any kind, yet I didn't object to having one with fake guns.
Why not? I guess I just didn't see the harm in it if the darts are made of foam. I think that a lot of people share that opinion. They don't actually look like guns and unless you shoot someone in the eye it doesn't hurt. But then  again, does pretend to shoot someone make human life seem to decrease in worth?
In movies, I have observed that the more  people die, the less of a big deal it seems to be. In the Green Hornet, for example, tons of people die and by the end you kind of stop caring. On inception, however, the death of one person (Mrs. Cobb) causes much despair and almost costs multiple people their lives.
So, is Mrs. Cobb worth more than some nameless gangster?
It doesn't work like that in the real world, however. In the real world the number of deaths doesn't downplay their worth. But as long as you aren't vividly imagining killing your friend in a Nerf war, your pretty much okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment