Sunday, April 24, 2011

miracles

Sorry for not posting yesterday, my family was at an easter service.
Anyways, today's post is about miracles. It all starts yesterday at an airsoft gun fight. There is this kid who was born really premature. He is a triplet. The other two are in wheelchairs. I felt really sorry for him, plus I didn't want him to get hurt, so I followed him around until it was over and made sure nothing bad happened. He doesn't walk well and can't run, so I had some concerns.
After it was over his brother (Not one of the triplets) and dad came over. Just by looking at them I could tell that it was hard taking care of him. The brother was acting old and responsible beyond his years, which is saying something because he is only eight. It was clear that the younger brother really took care of the older one, which seemed odd to me. I'm always relying on my older brother. Having him rely on me, I just can't picture it. 
The father obviously had a hard time too. In the five minutes that I saw him, he saved his son from a serious injury. This is not to say that the family members of people with disabilities should stop caring for them, nor that disabled people should not be accepted in society (I have begun to have a large anger at anyone who uses the term "Retard"). It is to say that people who keep help the disabled are preforming a miracle.
Not many people would believe that Jesus had risen and the stone was rolled away. That is the kind of miracle that you can see. The kind that people are amazed by. But this is a different kind of miracle. A miracle of effort. 
And I urge anyone who can to help disabled people. This summer I am looking for some kind of program to help disabled people that I could join. 

2 comments:

  1. Your compassion astounds me.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite Bible stories is this: a paralyzed man's friends brought him to Jesus to be healed. When the crowd was too great to get through, they cut through the roof and lowered their friend down to Jesus. Jesus healed the man.

    Jesus' miracle was healing. But because of you, I see now that the friends performed a miracle, too: a "miracle of effort".

    ReplyDelete