Monday, April 25, 2011

Title not shown

I couldn't really think of a good title for this post.
A few days ago I was looking through the yearbook for my school and I saw a picture. The person looked completely normal, and I didn't give the picture a second thought until I saw the caption.
That person is now hooked on pot. She is rumored to have gone to juvie and is now generally avoided by every students.
I fell really sorry for her, though. I won't go into the details but her family is going through a really tough time right now. I can kind of understand how you might want to get taken away from all the sadness of your life. Just get stoned and let go. That might get you somewhere short term (Help you through the stress) but marijuana is addictive. And while you might be felling relaxation, outside your own little bubble  you are getting farther and farther away from any chance of greatness. And it is a comparatively mild drug. Think of what meth or Cocaine could do to your life.    
All hope isn't lost, though. I know for a fact that she was a good student, and she can still get back there. I don't know what I could do to help. I should probably just let the teachers handle it. Really I just wanted to write this post for myself. My thoughts seem clearer when they are typed out.

No comments:

Post a Comment