Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Camp

I almost competed in a track meet today. Sadly, there was torrential rain. It kind of reminds me of when I went to Camp-Half Blood. There were extreme sports, but in the exact opposite conditions.
As most of you know, I live in Austin, Texas. Rick Riordan, the author of the Percy Jackson series, sponsors a camp based off his book series. There is a lot of sword fighting in the books.
There is a lot of sword fighting in the camp.
Seriously, every ten feet there are kids 9-13 with fake swords going at it. The camp is about 90 degrees minimum, but it is worth it.
I really like the camp and am going to it this year, which is why I will not to post for a 2-week period this summer. The camp is a day camp, so I can come home, but I will be so tired I'm not sure there is much anything I can do that requires brain power after a day at camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment