Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Choosing religion

It's kind of weird. When I start asking about religion, some people have the following view "I don't know what created this world and I could care less." To some people that is a horrifying view, not really caring who created the world. However, that is not half as bad in my perspective as another group of young people. They believe in every word of the bible, and take it literally. It is not their word-for-word interpretation I don't like, it's the fact that they have never questioned it.
Some may say that never wavering from your belief is honorable. To me, however, it just seems somehow empty. To question faith, to wonder if god is really out there, to think about what will happen to you when life comes to a close, is a sign of strength. You, not your parents should choose what, if anything, you believe. And if it is exactly what your parents believe, so be it. Also, this decision shouldn't come prematurely. You shouldn't refuse to go to church when you are 8 because you question what the pastor is saying. Actually going to a church, even if you don't agree with it, will help you make your decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment