Friday, May 13, 2011

The rant never graded

When I was in 6th grade I  had to writ a short paper about one thing we hoped would change in the future. I decided instead to write a 2 page single spaced rant on why the death penalty is immoral.
Maybe writing it in a class taught by a hyper-conservative teacher was a bad idea.
The thing was, it never got graded. My teacher never handed it back.
The paper basically outlined why the death penalty is wrong, because it kills many people who will later be found innocent, because it is extremely expensive (2 million dollars for the average execution), because it has not been proven to be a deterrent, because the only real reason we keep it is for revenge, the list goes on and on.
And the thing I find odd is another kid wrote his paper on why Obama is a terrorist, and I think he got his back.

No comments:

Post a Comment