Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Talents

I heard today that Pixar is in production of its first ever movie that could potentially be rated PG-13. It is called 1906 and is about the 1906 earthquake of San Francisco. I wonder what families will think to see the child- oriented company show a dark side.
I heard this from a student that has trouble speaking (Not serious trouble, but trouble none the less).
I have already posted about him. To see the post copy and paste the URL at the bottom of the page into the space at the top of you computer where the URL goes.
I kind of assumed that he wasn't all that smart, being disabled and all.
I was very wrong.
He is extremely knowledgeable about computer animation and movies in general. Normally he doesn't use a very colorful vocabulary, but he used words I don't even know. If I hadn't heard him stuttering I could have believed he was an animation expert.
It's really incredible to think that everyone has talent, but they do. I herd somewhere that people who aren't good at reading or writing are sometimes prodigies with mechanics. I always assumed that if you didn't do well at some subject in school you were either lazy or just weren't smart. Now I realize that there are all kinds of intelligence, some of them not even measured in school. Whether inherited by natured or learned by nurture, talents are something everybody has. So why not do something with them?


http://name-not-shown.blogspot.com/2011/04/miracles.html

1 comment:

  1. I love the way your posts go from goofy to brilliant. It's like watching jazz musicians resolve to a melody.

    ReplyDelete