Monday, May 23, 2011

Summer

Summer is coming. I always find it odd, on the last day of school I am ready for summer to start, and on the last day of summer I am ready for school to start.
I thin that, as far as human nature goes, we all want change. Could you imagine doing the same thing, day after day, year after year, decades and centuries, spanning into eternity? I can't. I can't even imagine doing the same thing every day for a month.
In the long run, all humans are ADD. We can't stand being in the same place for years and years, doing the same thing. We grow tired of routine. I think that explains my argument with my parents.
See, I didn't always live in Austin. Up until a year ago, I lived in Portland, Oregon. Then my dad got a job offer, and we moved here. I just can't understand why they would do that, move away when we had such a good thing going. I had friends. I was doing well in school. I felt like I fit in. Not that my life in Austin doesn't fit those description (Except for maybe the third). But I had no idea why they needed change. That is because for me Oregon was the only place I ever lived. Living there was just as natural for me as breathing. My parents had moved to from another city than Portland, so for them Oregon was just another phase of life. That is why we can't see eye to eye on the issue.
Austin is great, but I still wish I were back in Oregon.

2 comments:

  1. I'm guessing that there are more than a few people in Austin who are happy that you've moved there and who wouldn't have met you otherwise. So you have already enriched their lives and maybe they a little bit yours too.

    It's true, you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you sure it is the same people? Perhaps some people who are not your parents thought that you would be fun to have in the house, so they just moved you to where they already lived, and you couldn't tell the difference. Do your "parents" seem to have unfamiliar names? Are they a different ethnicity than you? So-- are you good at remembering names and faces? If not, this might have happened.

    ReplyDelete