Monday, May 2, 2011

Death

I'm sure you have all heard of the death of  Osama Bin Laden. I don't really know what to make of it.
My first impulse was that he was evil and deserved to die, but then I went to school.
All around the hallways people were happy for his death. I may have felt like that when I first heard about it, but celebrating somebodys death seems wrong. Just plain wrong.
I decided that my new opinion is that nobody deserves to die and that captureing him would be better. This had mixed results, as some people agreed with me (Including the girl from the evolution post), I was repeatedly called an idiot. My main 2 arguments were 1) We could have captured him and interigated him and 2) his death would probably be catalist for more terrorist movement (Because we killed their leader). then somebody pointe out that extracting any information unless we used torture, which I am also opposed to.
Then I learned that the troops had gone in with the intent to capture and found themelves under gunfire, with no choice but to quite litteraly"Fight fire with fire".
My conclusion? Though the killing was justified to save the lives of the SEAL agents, no death should be celebrated and frankly we should be concerned for our national saftey instead of patting ourselves n the back.        

No comments:

Post a Comment